If you need help finding a full or part time job in San Diego, looking up the largest employers in San Diego may be a good place to start. Jobs in San Diego are often found with the largest employers, as these companies have a constant need for new employees.
The top 5 largest employers in San Diego are:
1. The United States Navy has several bases and air stations in the San Diego area. The Bob Wilson Naval Hospital and Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command are both located in San Diego, and military-related government jobs account for approximately 5% of all civilian jobs in San Diego county.
2. The San Diego Unified School District runs over 200 schools in San Diego, employing over 15,000 teachers, administrative professionals, and support staff. The district serves students from preschool through high school. Education jobs are certainly plentiful in San Diego.
3. University of California, San Diego (UCSD), located in La Jolla, is a research institute specializing in sea and space studies. UCSD also operates its own medical school. The public university employees over 19,000 people, including over 7,000 faculty members.
4. San Diego County employs people in a variety of positions, from police officers to health care professionals. The county employs nearly 18,000 people across a plethora of disciplines. Job locations can be anywhere in the county, and include all county libraries, parks, local government buildings, and police stations, among others.
5. Sharp HealthCare operates 8 hospitals in the downtown San Diego area and the greater San Diego area. The health care network is always in need of doctors, nurses, and support staff to help things run smoothly. Besides hospitals, the organization has pharmacies, rehabilitation centers, corporate offices, and other health care facilities in the San Diego area.
Having trouble finding a full time job? If you want to work in San Diego, research one of the largest employers today with the help of 619area.com's job search page!